Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mars's judge pick, round 3

I was having a hard time picking for this round...I thought maybe I'd see what the other judges picked and whether that nudged me in any particular direction. But...each of my favorites now has one pick. Dang, that doesn't help at all. So I have to make a real actual decision.

I am going to concur with Angry Jess (gulp) and pick neohealy's outfit. When I first saw it I wasn't sure if it was something the kids were wearing these days, but I thought if not you could certainly market it. I'm now informed that the kids are totally wearing this, or at least a certain type of kid, so well-done with the trendy here. I think you did a great job with the art on the shirt - it looks neat and clean, especially from a distance (clever art design, too - very clever). I know I would have blown about three t-shirts before I got something like that right.

The rest of the outfit comes together really well for me, too. It looks like an outfit, it fits the theme while referencing the original, and it's just darned cute. I also love the little bag accessory. And the suspenders which really add just the right level of interest to the top for me.

All in all, very cute. I kind of want one for myself even though it's not my personal aesthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment