Thursday, April 15, 2010

Neth's Guest Judge Pick, round 3

Hey, guys, Mars here! I wanted to preface this with a quick note that we decided to have two guest judges for this round - one representing each participating community. The mod for AG>18 is Neth; the mod for AGPT is Angry Jess, who will be posting her pick soon. That said, here's the commentary from Neth and congrats to the winner!
So, as soon as I saw Round 3, three outfits popped out to me and stuck in my mind the whole time. It took a while for me to work out which one I liked the best, but I kept coming back to the redone Sweet Sequins by Heritage4 over and over and so I've picked it as my judges pick.

It shows vast improvement of the original--Gods know I don't care for pink!--without completely removing all elements of the original. You can tell that she took into account the original look. It looks beautiful and the colors go together well. And drafting the patterns definitely is a plus with me, because I've drafted patterns and I know just how hard that can be. The thing that I didn't like was that the wrap top was made of a more casual fabric--it could have been velvet to make it more formal. But otherwise, beautiful and skilled work. I'd love my own version of this--or at least, directions on making that wrap top!

--Neth

No comments:

Post a Comment